We believe God calls everyone who follows Jesus to share God’s abundant love with all people regardless of race, class, gender identity, sexuality, profession, physical or mental ability, political affiliation, or any other category we humans can devise. God’s love is for everyone. We don’t have to earn it, but we can respond to God’s love by sharing it with others: telling them about it with our words and showing it to them by our actions.
The best way to learn more about what we believe is to participate in the life of our community by joining us for worship, study, service, and fellowship.
Prince of Peace is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
We are part of the North West Lower Michigan Synod.
Hospitality and Worship
· Striving to be a welcoming congregation, displaying hospitality to all of God's children.
· Creating a community presence of love, acceptance, appreciation and forgiveness.
· Remembering Christ's acts of sacrificial love we openly share the gift of Holy Communion with everyone.
Community - The Body of Christ
· Empowering and equipping all who choose to worship with us, to fully participate in our life and mission together.
· Encouraging all disciples, young and old, to share one another's unique gifts in support of our congregational mission.
· Connecting and sharing our mission, vision and resources with our congregation, our community and the world.
Outreach and Justice
· Living as Disciples of Jesus Christ, choosing to love God and neighbor.
· Seeking to do justice, loving mercy and walking humbly with our God, as empowered by the Holy Spirit.
· Advocating for God's justice in Jesus Christ, especially on behalf of the poor and marginalized.
· Working in the hope of the resurrection, we care for God’s whole creation.