1. Requestors must fill out an application for review by the Pastor and include a copy of their ID. They must also provide supporting documents for the request such as a copy of an energy bill or a rent statement.
2. Assistance is given in the form of a direct payment (usually a check) to the goods or service provider and not to any individual.
3. There is a $400 per request limit.
4. There is a one (1) request per household every six (6) months limit.
5. It generally takes 24-48 hours for us to process a payment but could take a week or more if the Pastor is out of town. Please do not wait until the last minute to request funds if possible.
6. If you require a cashier's check, you must let us know at the time of application. Your request will be reduced by $5.00 to cover costs and it will take additional time to process.
7. We do not cover costs for hotel/motel rooms or provide gas cards.
1. Housing Resources Inc https://www.housingresourcesinc.org/
2. Ministry With Community https://ministrywithcommunity.org/
3. St. Vincent de Paul Society https://www.svdpkzoo.org/
4. The Salvation Army https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/Kalamazoo/overcome-poverty/
5. Gryphon Place (211) https://www.gryphon.org/211
6. Michigan Energy Assistance Programs
7. Consumers Energy Assistance Programs https://www.consumersenergy.com/residential/programs-and-services/payment-assistance/one-time-assistance
On the first and third Thursdays from 1-3, we have a drive through fresh food distribution.
On the first Thursday of the month, we also offer a free-store of personal care and household items. Limit 2 per car.